We Are Team Awesome – Situation Description
In this blogpost we’re going to get a little bit more serious and check for weaknesses within our team by looking at some statements.
1. The conversation falls silent. Which member will try to continue the communication?
Kenzo will because he’s an extrovert and will always find a subject to talk about.
2. We get asked to offer some ideas concerning a bottleneck caused by a new backlog item. Which member will have the most ideas?
Kenneth will because he’s the most creative of us all. He’s a “feeling” type and those tend to be more creative.
3. Because of a new backlog item, a lot of ideas are offered. There’s some discussion about whether it should be added as an MVP instead of a feature. Who will make the decision?
I will because I am a “judging” type and can separate main themes from less important ones.
4. Who is rarely happy about the quality of what happens or gets executed? Yes but …
Kenneth is because he’s also a “judging” type and can be quite a perfectionist.
5. Who is the joker in the team so it’s always fun to work and take the tension away?
Kenzo is because he’s emotionally unconcerned and can make a joke out of every situation.
6. Appointments have to be made. Who is the person who takes care of the planning?
I do because I’m “judging”. This means I make a lot of plans and tend to stick with them.
7. Someone disagrees and doesn’t want to change their mind even though all sides of the argument have been offered. Which teammate is this?
Kenzo is because he can be quite stubborn. That’s because he’s emotionally unconcerned.
8. Who is the person who shows empathy when someone else has a setback?
Yentl is because he scores highest in unselfishness.
9. Whose opinion in the team has to be explicitly asked for?
Mine, because sometimes I don’t dare to share my opinion fearing I’m saying something wrong. This is caused by my being an introvert.
10. Who needs to be reminded to finish stuff on time. I didn’t have time, I didn’t feel like it, …
Kenzo is responsible but he sometimes works very close to the deadline. That’s because he’s prospective rather than judging.